Faces of the Battle River Watershed

June 10, 2010

Boys in the Creek

Boys in the Creek

These are my oldest boys playing in Stoney Creek. They are having so much fun that they do not know how much they are learning. These outdoor spaces that are clean for kids to play in create an important connection for kids to the natural environment. An elder once said that you must first teach people to love the land before you teach them to protect it. I can tell you that my boys are loving this as I did when I was their age and still do.

-M. Samm



1 comment:

  1. From the Augustana PhotoVoice Event:

    Reminds me of being a kid, living for spring when the puddles came back and we would head for the bush behind the house to "adventure", trying not to fill our rubber boots. It was the best part of the year.

    ReplyDelete