Faces of the Battle River Watershed

March 2, 2010

Mirror Lake

One of my favorite places in Camrose is Mirror Lake and the trail system to which it is connected. It is a beautiful place to walk and enjoy some fresh air and beautiful surroundings. Whether it be sitting on the dock at the west end of Mirror Lake watching ducklings learning to swim, or smelling wild roses on the side of the trail, or simply enjoying the shade of the trees along the path, this natural space in Camrose is an amazing place to be at least a little more connected to nature than is possible in other parts of the city. At the same time, as much as I love and value this place, I realize that I know little about the actual state of the water in Mirror Lake or the stream that flows from it. Where does the water come from? Where does it go? What is the water quality like? How do my actions affect it and other water bodies in the watershed? And then I question: how can I truly value something about which I know so little?

-Sarah Skinner




2 comments:

  1. From the Augustana PhotoVoice Event:
    Really great pic. understanding caption too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the Augustana PhotoVoice Event:
    Impressive that you made Camrose look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete